Here’s a really simple way to tell if a skin care cream is the best one for your skin.
Most of us know that it is important to use a skin care moisturizer cream as part of our daily beauty regimen. But how did you pick the one that you’re using? Does it perform is do what is promised it would?
There are so many different creams available on the market today, and competition is fierce for your buying dollar. Many companies have a huge marketing budget to win you over as a loyal consumer, but what about their research and development budget? Are they following through with what was promised when you gave them your business?
A skin care cream has three main functions. If the cream you are using fulfills all of them, then you have a good product, and one that you should continue using.
As we age, our skin starts to show wrinkles and lines, and we getting extra droops and sags where we do not want them. There are few underlying reasons for this:
- First, the collagen and elastin in our skin is breaking down with age. These are two proteins that are essential for us to have firm, flawless skin.
- Secondly, as we age, we see more oxidation through the movement of free radicals causing even more lines and wrinkles.
- And last is because our stores of hyaluronic acid get depleted. Hyaluronic acid is the stuff that helps create a cushion in our skin, and gives us full, supple looking skin.
The best skin care cream would solve all of these problems for any, and every skin type. When you go shopping for moisturizer next time, here is the simple test:
- It should have active ingredients that stimulate the regrowth of collagen and elastin in our own skin. Many products will promote having collagen as an active ingredient in the cream because they know that consumers look for that. The problem with that is the collagen is too big to be absorbed by the skin, and so it is ineffective.
- The product also should have a good antioxidant that will stop the movement of free radicals in our skin, thus putting an end to oxidation.
- The product should have some method of restoring levels of hyaluronic acid to our system. Again, just adding hyaluronic acid as an active ingredient is not as effective as allowing our system to produce HA on it’s own.
That’s it, in a nutshell. If your skin care cream performs all three of these functions, than you’ve got one that is good. You always need to be careful, and ask questions when purchasing skin care products. Not many products on the market will meet all three of these needs, and give you beautiful healthy skin.
Now that you know this, I invite you to my website to learn about the active ingredients that will best to get the job done, and further to that, I’ll even point you in the right direction to find a skin care cream that will fulfill the promises it makes.